Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Intolerance Results

Today the York test results arrived. The only food substance I showed an intolerance to was Yeast. Upon reading the results I didn't know whether to be over joyed or disappointed, prehaps I had expected more.

Some notable foods that contain Yeast are: Beer, Cider, Wine, Bread, Pastries, Soya Sauce, and vinegar (notice the inclusion of the alcoholic beverages first).

This all falls inline with my own discoveries about which foods disagree with me. Now that I am more informed, a concise effort to avoid these foods can begin.

I will monitor my progress, and perhaps re-introduce dairy into my diet... Looks like I will be sticking to the Rum and Vodka.

P.S Crohns suffers seem to have intolerances to different food substances, so if you have Crohns it doesn't mean that you also have a Yeast intolerance. I will post my results from the Yeast free diet, and if warranted recommend the intolerance test.

3 comments:

superstar said...

just a good life

Whisky said...

Hows things going? I hope you are doing well since your test reults. It always helps knowing what to avoid!

Just to let you know, after 2 yrs 3months I'm finally going back to work!!! Only part time two 4 hour sessions a week :)

Hugs for you

Whisky

xxxxxxx

informer said...

Hey Whishy,
I am doing good. Great news about your return to work. Hope it goes well for you.