Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Straight pill popping

The Crohns is doing good at the moment. I have been following the guidance from my intolerance test and have been staying away from the Yeast. My digestion is acting like a normal persons and sticking to the spirits has made why hangovers a lot more bearable.

Today I hit the toilet and dropped a rather large hot one. In fact I was rather proud of the beast; it was defiantly a "crowd pleaser".

The only thing that concerns me at the moment is my pill menu. I am popping more pills than ever these days, although only one set is prescribed. Am I becoming a hypo like my uncle? I remember checking my older relatives when I was a youth and thinking "god, these guys are paranoid health freaks". Perhaps spending money on supplements is a good thing? It's just hard to know what's a con and what is really beneficial.

Anyways, here's my pill list..

  1. 3 x Azathioprinie (prescribed - this stuff is the nuts)
  2. Aloeride 180mg (seems to settle my stomach)
  3. Large code liver oil (why not?)
  4. Jointace - Glucosamine + Chondroitin (my dog takes this shit!)
  5. Bio-Acidophilus (bacteria that wants to be your friend)

3 comments:

Sally Webster said...

My thought entirley about the supplements. Never know why or what it does, but still take them - worse than you! Being a lady of a certain age I am even more targeted by the alternative health care industry. I was heavily into sage. Pretty harmless you would think but my sleep pattern was shot and I was peeing at hourly intervals. Stopped the sage - problem gone! Do swear my the various oils and the acidophilus though. Think you're okay there. makes me smile that TV land is just catching up with us health food junkies with all their Actimel drinks, etc.

Whisky said...

Aza rocks?! I really struggled with this one, and was taken off it pretty quickly :( But....that's because, as you have said, every Crohn's sufferer is different.

The hair loss, and worsening of my other two conditions (HS and Pyoderma Gangrenosum) were the driving force of being taken off it.

After the Infliximab/Remicade anaphylactic shock session I was quite relieved.

Went to see both my gastro, and my surgeon this week. Left them both in shock at the rate of my recovery :) They even asked what my secret was.

I think, like you, it's determintation, and having a family who support you :)

More posts please!!!

Hugs for you

Whisky

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I found your website online related to Crohn'd Diseaseand am writing to invite you to join and if possible review the WeAreCrohns.org social support network.

WeAreCrohns.org is the place for people living with Crohn's Disease and Colitis.

Share, talk, communicate in a user led social network for individuals, family members and those members of the community. Track your health, share the wealth of your experience and plan for the future with those like you. Find others with similar interests and goals.

We'd love to have you join the community and participate in an active growing platform.

Reciprocally, I believe that your readers will find WeAreCrohns.org as well as the other sites to be a great online support network where they are able to connect meaningfully with others in similar conditions not possible on Facebook/Myspace.

We've got some great examples where with respect to Crohns, users have made the decision to get treated, and share their results -- the whole time communicating and discussing with members on the site. It's proving to be an invaluable resource for patients and family looking for support.

The site again is located @

http://www.wearecrohns.org


THanks!