Monday, September 11, 2006

Self Mutilation

This week my very kind Auntie has purchased me an intolerance test. To conduct the test you have to jab your finger with a miniscule needle to draw some blood then soak it up with the provided magic wand, hence the picture and title of this post.

The whole procedure wasn't that bad, but I must admit to being a bit of a pussy. Drawing my own blood is not something I am practiced in, and I found the whole experience very strange. Needles no problem, camera on a tub up your bum, piece of piss and the drugs are great. Barium chalk drink, perhaps a little difficult. Colonic irrigation, interesting when administered by a hot nurse.

Anyways, I await my long list of things to stay away from. Hopefully there will be nothing to severe, like, oxygen or sun light.


The Results to Follow :)

2 comments:

Sally Webster said...

(Hopefully there will be nothing to severe, like, oxygen or sun light.) Don't bet on it Crohns Patient! I was once told I was allergic to my husband. I'm a woose with the blood letting too. Well done getting throught it. Glad you didn't have to use the tongue/electric drill method.

informer said...

lol, allergic to husband, I like it. I can't wait to get the results, hopfully they will arrive soon.