Monday, July 10, 2006

Crimson action

Had a freaky experience this week. When looking down into the toilet bowl, as you do when you have active Crohns, I was confronted with a bowel full of deep crimson blood. Previously I have seen blood, mainly on the paper, but to see all this dark red claret was not a nice experience. Luckily for anyone reading this I haven't yet purchase a new digital camera, otherwise i might have treated you to an image.


The not smoking had been going well, then came the weekend and I wasn't strong enough to cope whilst drinking. My friend said, "you know the answer to that then", I imagine he meant stop drinking as well... It could be done.

1 comment:

Sally Webster said...

You are very brave, Crohns Patient. I'm not a sufferer but am a bit of a pooh inspector myself so can appreciate your pleasure at a nice looking movement. Good luck with the aloe vera. Have recently seen a fibromialgia sufferer going from crutches to bouncing with life after a period of drinking aloe vera. Like you she was very cynical but the proof is in the pooh, as they say. Good luck with staying off the dreaded fags.