Monday, January 19, 2009

Food Intolerance

I have found over the past few years that food intolerance plays a big part in my condition. So it was with interest that I read this article on the Daily Mails website.

It is great to hear that people are combating the symptoms of Chrohns with no need for drugs. I know the dietary exclusion method is pretty hardcode, but it is a price worth paying if it works.



Since quiting smoking my condition has improved dramatically and I have even begun starting to introduce yeast back into my diet in small quantities. Although I still have the odd problem with serves as a reminder of my condition and has encouraged me to continue with this blog. More about that in a future post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there- just stumbled upon your blog. I'm 26 and have had Crohn's for about 4 or 5 years. I have been treated with Remicade and Humira, neither of which put me in complete remission. On November 1 this year, I started a new way of eating and my GI symptoms are gone. It's worth a try... here's my diet plan:

Extremely limited refined sugar (using honey as a sweetener instead), no high fructose corn syrup, no fried food!!, no soda, no “white” foods (eating all 100% whole wheat/grains), no white potatoes, no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, colors, no artificial sweeteners, no hydrogenated oils (use only real butter and olive oil), no pork or shellfish (unclean meats from Leviticus 11)

I am eating lots of FISH, fresh VEGGIES and fresh FRUIT! No fruit or vegetable upset my stomach now.

Good luck.