Monday, June 19, 2006

So it Begins

For a while I have been contemplating the blogging of my Crohns disease experiences. Recently I had been feeling quite well, but the inevitable relapse hit me hard yesterday, and I jumped out of bed at 3 in the morning to start this Blog.

The vast amount of quality blogs about Crohns surprised me, and I had second thoughts about starting my own. After a long period of thought I decided that I would be able to bring something different to the Crohns blog scene. So here I am!

The aim of this blog is the share my Crohns experiences with others. I was diagnosed with Crohns nearly a decade ago and have experienced growing up with the illness. Luckily I am not half as ill as some of people with this horrible affliction, but I have had my low moments.


Recently, I had been feeling good. I was on a slightly modified diet, had started talking some new Aloe Vera pills (which I was super sceptical of), was goning easy on the drinking, and stopped smoking. After a couple of weeks of smoking again, a hard weekend took its toll. I hit the toilet three times yesterday, and could hear the noises of any angry gut reeling back at me as I tried to sleep. Time to get back on it and look after myself!

No comments: